The majority of homeowners don’t give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or unless it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cool—and Lawton Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out all you will want to understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is time to connect with refrigerator repair Lawton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to stop spoiling and limit bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the unit to the exterior, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Lawton Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the rear outside wall of the appliance and helps to disperse the heat collected from inside the refrigerator out to the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is installed in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat trapped within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when the evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is transported through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning the gas back into a liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as necessary.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Lawton for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and the cooling period begins. The appliance attracts the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the home and transforms to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquified gas continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, finding its way through the many coils in the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature back to the correct set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and turns back into a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a number of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one place and relocating it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, provides a optimal space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Lawton Appliance Repair.
Lawton Appliance Repair is able to service nearly all popular models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Lawton undergo training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, problems with condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and various issues. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working